Recreate Rick’s recipe for butterflied lamb with herby lemon and paprika marinade as featured on Rick Stein’s Cornwall.
This leg of lamb may be cooked on the barbecue or within the oven. Serve merely with potato wedges and greens for a laid-back meal with associates. Scale back the dried crimson chilli flakes if you happen to favor a milder marinade.
- 1 x 2.5kg leg of lamb (see instructions beneath on methods to take away the bones)
For the marinade
- 1 giant garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried crimson chilli flakes
- 6 tsp chopped rosemary
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 1 contemporary bay leaf, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice solely
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 tbsp pimenton (Spanish candy smoked paprika)
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt
- ½ tsp coarsely floor or crushed black pepper
- To arrange the lamb, flip the leg over to the purpose the place the bone runs closest to the floor. Utilizing a pointy knife, break up the meat alongside the bone and ease it away from the bone alongside either side, leaving the bone as clear as doable. On the fatter finish of the joint, there’s a group of smaller bones, so proceed to chop round them too till you possibly can elevate all of the bones from the meat and are left with a butterfly formed, bone-free joint. Trim away any extra fats and sinew. Lay a bit of cling movie over the meat and bash the floor with a rolling pin to flatten the thick sections frivolously. The meat ought to be a fair thickness all through.
- Combine the marinade components collectively. Rub the marinade all around the lamb and put aside in a roasting tin, skin-side up, for about half-hour.
- Preheat the oven to 222C/200C Fan.
- Roast the lamb for quarter-hour, cut back the temperature to 180C/160C Fan and roast for an additional quarter-hour. This will provide you with pink lamb, if you happen to would slightly it barely much less so, prepare dinner for an additional 5 minutes. Take away from the oven and canopy with foil. Relaxation for at the very least quarter-hour. Place on a board earlier than carving into thick slices.
- Serve with potato wedges, steamed inexperienced greens and a few of the meat juices.
Picture ©: BBC Meals
Discover out extra in regards to the collection right here.
DINE IN WITH STEIN’S AT HOME
Our Stein’s at Residence menu bins deliver contemporary Cornish seafood and Rick’s basic dishes straight to your door to get pleasure from at dwelling. Accessible for supply throughout the UK each Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.